Lilypie

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Mommy's Weight Loss Plan

Well it's the new year, so I am joining 2.5 billion other people and vowing to lose weight in 2009. I have a new weight loss plan this year, and his name is Tyler! HA! You thought I was serious for one split second didn't you! You should have known better! (Well I do hope to lose some more weight, but it's not really a resolution.)

Tyler is however going to force me to lose weight because I can't keep up with him! The child has an attention span that last 1/50,000,000,000th of a second (he gets that from his ADHD Dad). He is a little busy body and has to be moving non-stop! In fact, he got all these great toys for Christmas that he has no interest in. Instead, he wants to pull up, grab what ever is on the ottoman or end table - yes that little hand can reach the edge of the end table when he is standing on his tippy toes! I've even had to move the coffee table into the hallway because he kept bumping his head. He loves cords, paper, the phone, and the remote. He can turn the phone on and off, and he can change the TV channel too. Did I mention he just turned 8 months on December 30th?!?!?! And I now have to play on the computer after he has gone to bed, because he loves typing. Anything that Frank or I have, he has to have. And he does not take no for an answer.

Needless to say, I love this little boy beyond measure! And he just amazes me each and every day. I say he's a nosy little boy, but I really think he's just very inquisitive. He has to look/touch/see everything that is going on and he just takes it all in. And he has his own personality! When I feed him now and he gets full, he will shake his head to tell me no-no...it's too cute. And when he's getting into trouble (he does this a lot) and I say no-no, he laughs at me and just keeps doing it. He's also started being the center of attention. When he does something he's proud of, you have to clap for him. Otherwise he will squeal for himself until you clap. It's so adorable. And when he doesn't want to do something, he's not budging. He definitely has a stubborn streak (he gets that honest from both of us!) And I believe he already has a jealous streak in him as well. Yesterday when I picked him up from school, there was another little girl crying and the daycare worker was changing a diaper so she couldn't pick her up. So I, being a sucker for a crying child, picked Tyler and the little girl up and rocked them. Well she immediately laid her head on my chest and started to go to sleep. Tyler was not having this. He reached over, grabbed her paci, threw it on the floor and pushed her! I said no-no, picked her paci up and gave it back to her. Well he did it again! He did not like sharing his mommy! He could have been trying to play with her, but I'm just not sure.

All I can say is I just love being with him and watching him learn. And now that he's going to help me lose weight, well I love him even more :-)

No comments: