Lilypie

Thursday, July 24, 2008

Mommy...I'm Trying to Sleep

Everyone knows that while I was pregnant, I prayed for a child that liked to sleep. Well, I got what I prayed for and I am thrilled! Tyler loves to sleep, loves to nap, and loves to snuggle! The other night, Tyler slept from 9:30pm to 7:30am. Finally, I had to wake him up so I could get him dressed for 'school'. I went to his pack and play and this is what I found. (Notice the HUGE drool stain...he was sleeping soooo good!)
He has never sucked his thumb before. I thought it was cute (not that I want this to turn into a habit.) So he continued to lay there asleep. I finally said, "Tyler it's time to wake up for school." He didn't move, but he opened his eyes and cut them in my direction to see why I was waking him.
He then took a deep sigh, still not moving his body, and went back to sleep!!!! You would have thought I was waking him from a nap or something. But he had slept 10 hours!!!
I finally just had to pick him up and he immediately laid his head on my shoulder. It woke up a few minutes later with the biggest smile on his face and just a talking away. He's so sweet! Frank and I are so incredibly blessed. I just love him more and more everyday!

4 comments:

DeAnn Tiller said...

Tyler needs to come teach Laura how to sleep till 7:30. He is so adorable sucking his thumb! This will keep you from having to go put the paci in his mouth when he cries.

amyop said...

I think it is cute when they suck their thumb too! Even with my occupation!

amjackson said...

I'm going to start calling you every three hours so you can experience what motherhood is really suppose to be like at this stage. That ol' Tyler is really making this too easy for you guys! :)

Anonymous said...

Sweet, sweet pictures!