Lilypie

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Let's All Help the World Become a Prettier Place

I just got this advertisement via email from a company that shall remain nameless...but let's just say Vicki doesn't have anymore secrets if she's wearing this.....advertising bathing suits at 25% off. And I found this email it quite humorous. First because a woman of my size shouldn't even be getting an email like this. Now before everyone starts emailing me and telling me I'm too hard on myself, let me state, I am perfectly happy with my size. I like my curves and I do not feel like I am too big (but I do have some post-baby weight to loose). Frank might disagree but that's a whole other post for another day :-). (Just kidding Frank....have I told you love you and want to go part time?)
Back to my soap box. I clicked on this image and pulled up all these pretty sized MINUS ZERO models who look fabulous in these pint sized suits. However, if you pull up the size chart...THESE COME IN MY SIZE!!! I'm sorry, but these should not come in double digit sizes. That's just not right. And I feel like the fashion industry should take more responsibility and quit selling these in double digit sizes because some poor "fluffy" girl is going to think she really looks good in it. And her friends are going to lie to her and tell her she looks good.
So, here's my plea...let's help keep our beaches beautiful this summer. Take ownership and know when you are too big to wear something. And if you're not sure, here's a hint for you. If the strings on the side of this bikini are hidden...you are too big to be wearing it.

4 comments:

Tara Jane said...

Preach it, girl. I understand. :)

rita and andy said...

If everyone was as lucky as us to have a friend like you who is always honest, it wouldn't be a problem! I totally agree with you. :-)

Anonymous said...

You crack me up!!!

Ashley W. said...

You are CRAZY!!!!!