Lilypie

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

I Survived

I survived...barely. I took him into daycare yesterday and I did not want to leave. He's was smiling and talking and that just made me want to stay there forever with him. I just didn't want to miss anything. Needless to say, as soon as I left the room I cried all the way to my car...then all the way to work...and once I got to work I just shut my door and shed a few more tears. I stayed at work until 4 and then I just couldn't take it anymore! I had to see my little man. And when I picked him up, he was sleeping like an angel!

Today was a little easier, but my heart still hurt when I left him. But I just have to suck it up and realize I have to work. But he has already changed me so much in such a short period of time. I am so focused at work now...I say this as I blog while at work, oops....but I realize now that the better I do at work, the more it will benefit Tyler. And if I can work hard the rest of this year and accomplish my goals, hopefully it will benefit me enough to cut back my hours a little bit next year. Ideally I would like to work about 30 hours.....Frank doesn't know that yet, but after he reads this he will....so let me throw in: Frank have I told you lately how much I love you? I really do...and I might even love you a little more if I cut back my hours next year.

So for the mean time I am surviving. I miss the little monkey so much. All I can think about is I wonder what he's doing. And I hope he doesn't start liking Mrs. Kim and Mrs. Stephanie (his teachers) more than me...I know that sounds silly b/c it isn't possible, but you still wonder. I just love him so much. It amazes me what a different person I am because of him. Everything I do now I want to do ten times better so he will be proud of his mommy.

When I get home I will post some new pictures of my cutie pie...and No Frank that's not you, that's Tyler.....But have I told you how much I love you lately :-)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Angie, You are too funny. I'm looking forward to seeing you Sunday - bring Tyler if you'd like :) Can't wait to see updated pics!!
Suz

Anonymous said...

Angie, I've been thinking about you and hoping your transition back to work was going well. You are too funny, by the way!!

Amanda said...

I'm glad you are hanging in there with going back to work. I think it's great that you have the option to reduce your hours if you want. That's something to look forward to! :o) Miss You! See you Sunday!

I always laugh reading your posts.

amjackson said...

I know it's hard now but the smile you will begin to get when you pick him up at the end of the day will make it all worthwhile. He'll be jumping into your arms and squeezing you tight. You just wait....that's the best!!

rita and andy said...

I have been thinking about you all week! I can't wait to talk with you. Hope all is well!!