Lilypie

Monday, June 9, 2008

I Am One of Those Moms

You know the ones I am talking about. Think back to the time before you had kids. You would hear other moms doing baby talk and coming up with silly sounding words for everything and you would roll your eyes and hope they didn't see you...Example: I used to think, "Why don't moms just call it a pacifier?" Well, Tyler doesn't have pacifiers...for some reason I started calling it a Binky. A BINKY!!! What am I thinking?!?!?! And then he has a little blanket with a stuffed puppy attached. What do I call it? It's a Pup Pup of course. And then there's the issue of spit up. Pre-Tyler days, I could not understand how a mom could walk around with spit up on their shirt. Well I have joined them. As long as I can rub it in, who cares. I do good to get a decent shower, so little spit up doesn't bother me one bit. And then there's the stinky diapers. Why are we so fascinated with poop? Probably b/c I never knew it could come in so many colors!!! It's like a rainbow!

And my mind has turned to mush! I used to believe this was just an excuse. You know, women who say that they lost their mind once they had kids. We'll my mind is so lost I would probably have to fly half way across the world to retrieve it. Actually, it's probably floating in outer space somewhere. I can get up to walk in the kitchen and then I can't remember why I went there. The other day I told someone I was coming over to pick up something. Well Tyler had a stinky diaper and by them time I changed him I had forgotten. She called an hour later to see if I was OK!!! I'm not losing my mind...it's already lost...gone and never to return.

All those years of college and work and I have resorted to spit up, Binky's, Pup Pups, and discussing how poop can be orange, yellow, green, lime green, etc. But its the greatest thing that ever happened to me and I couldn't be happier. I'm off to look at more poop now. I wonder what color it will be this time?

4 comments:

rita and andy said...

I can understand why your mind has turned to mush, Tyler is so darn cute! Not to mention such a good baby. Thanks for stopping by yesterday. I enjoyed your visit!

Ashley W. said...

It is funny how being a mommy changes us.

The Newton's said...

I know exacly what you mean...the girls at work give me a hard time. They tell me that after 2 years I should have recovered from the Preggo brain. However, I haven't. My boss says it's because you're data disk is full. However, I can't figure out how to get more room on mine.

Tara Jane said...

So when can I come see you??? By the way...I updated my blog. :) Tyler is PRECIOUS!!!!!!!!