Lilypie

Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Not So Happy Baby

What a weekend. Tyler (and mommy) survived his first week of daycare, so we decided to head to the beach Friday afternoon for a birthday party. Frank had to work on Saturday so I was planning to get some quality time with little man. He, on the other hand, had other plans. He just wasn't his usual self. He was a bit cranky and either didn't want to eat, or wanted to eat a gallon at a time. Either way I just didn't know how to satisfy him. And with him being such a good baby, I don't have much practice with a cranky baby. Saturday I had planned to go shopping and then head to Cherry Grove for a birthday party on the beach. I didn't get to do either! So we headed back home Saturday afternoon. Saturday and Sunday night were not good. He started feeling bad around 6 and Frank and I didn't know what to do. He cried when he ate. He cried when he was hungry. He was just miserable.

So I took him to the doctor on Monday and that made matters worse. He has thrush and he had to get his 2 month shots while we were there. So then I felt bad b/c he had been so cranky because he had thrush and I didn't even know it! I felt like I made him suffer for 3 days just because I didn't know what was wrong. And the shots were horrible. He screamed like someone was killing him, which broke my heart. He was so pitiful. He couldn't sleep last night because his legs hurt. If you even accidentally brushed his leg he would scream. And it is bruised where they gave him the shots. He just looks at me with his sad eyes and my heart breaks all over again. And he hates his medicine for the thrush. He gags on it and then throws it all back up. So I have a screaming baby that I can't touch his legs when I hold him, all while I am trying to clean throw up off me.....Welcome to motherhood :-)

5 comments:

amyop said...

Poor Tyler:( I know, I hate those shots too! Hope the Thrush gets better soon!

rita and andy said...

So sorry to hear this. I hope he will be feeling better soon. Don't beat yourself up, you are an AWESOME mother!!!

The Newton's said...

Poor thing. Don't feel bad I wouldn't know what thrush looks like either and I've been through the fussy baby stage. Hope he is feeling better soon. PS I agree with your argument about the bathing suits.

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry for you guys. We have all been there and know how you feel. You and Frank are amazing parents and Tyler is a very blessed baby. When you want a break, call Aunt Catherine and I will come pick him up for the night. What's one more sweet baby boy. Love you all!

Anonymous said...

I forgot to say this comment was from me, Catherine Player (so silly)!!