Lilypie

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Not Much Better

Little Man is still sick. I thought he was doing good Monday and Tuesday, but today he's been running a fever and was very fussy. So I am going to take him back to the doctor tomorrow and hope that they tell me that he's getting better. I am still supposed to go out of town this weekend, and up until now, I was OK with leaving (well, as OK as I can be leaving him for the first time.) But now that he seems to be getting worse, I am not sure if I can leave him. So I am going to the doctor tomorrow to get some reassurance. I have to admit, it's tough being the mom. You know as a child, and even now, you think of your mom as being the wisest person you know. Moms always have the answer and always know what to do. Now that I'm the mom, I realize what big shoes I have to fill, and to be honest, I just don't think I'll ever be as good of a mom as the one I have. I hope I get wiser as time goes on and Tyler thinks I'm the smartest mommy.

And I wish I could figure out what to do now. I think either decision I make I am going to have regrets. If I go and leave Tyler, I'm going to feel like I am abandoning my sick child. If I don't go, I'm going to wish I was there all weekend long. And plus, I was soooo looking forward to this get away with my girlfriends. And we're staying at an adorable Bed and Breakfast and I've NEVER stayed at one before. And I really need this weekend to get some sort of sanity back. But am I going to be a bad momma for leaving and enjoying myself while my baby doesn't feel good? Oh the tough decisions.......

Any Advice????? I could use some right now.....

2 comments:

Rhetta said...

You will not be a bad mommy if you go but I certainly understand how you feel. I went to a wedding 10 days after Hampton was born and he was all I thought about. Remember, you have to take care of yourself too and he will get better...with or without you there.

amjackson said...

I have no good advice because I feel your pain. Owen has the croupe now so leaving him is going to be hard on me as well. I am okay if they are well but their mammas are the ones who are suppose to take care of them when there sick. It's so hard. We just have to trust our hubbys to do that right thing and call us if they need us. We aren't THAT far away.