Lilypie

Friday, January 25, 2008

What Were We Thinking?

When Frank and I bought our house, we knew we were going to have to redo the kitchen. It's the room I hate the Most!!! It has a very bad layout and a tiny apartment sized dishwasher that only holds 1 pot, a couple of plates, and a few glasses at a time. So with the baby coming, the dishwasher just isn't going to cut it b/c I hate washing dishes!

So we decided to go for it. Let's just gut the kitchen and redo it before the baby gets here. WHAT WERE WE THINKING!!! Our kitchen is now demolished and our house is COVERED in dust. And they've only begun! We've still got 2.5 weeks to go!!!! Last night we vacuumed and moped everywhere trying to get the dust out. And I know what you are thinking...why did you do that when it's going to get dusty again today. Well between mine and Frank's asthma, and the chance that there is lead in the dust (since it's an old house), we could barely breathe. So we had to get some of it out.

Our house is a complete disaster. We have no kitchen. The rest of the house is piled high with stuff out of the kitchen. And Frank and I are sneezing and coughing like crazy.

But on a brighter note...our new kitchen is going to look amazing!!! Landra did the design and it is going to be much more functional...and the best part is the dishwasher!!! It will be a FULL-SIZED, stainless steel dishwasher that will even sterilize my bottles for me!!!

We took some before pictures, so as soon as it's done I'll post the before and after looks!

4 comments:

rita and andy said...

I can't wait to see the new kitchen. The plans looked great! It will be so worth it when it's done. I do remember that you don't do the dishes...

amjackson said...

I can't wait to see the finished product. You are so lucky, you get to do a baby room AND a kitchen!! FUN!! All that coughing will be worth it! :)

Amber and Matt said...

Looking forward to seeing the before & after pictures! Hope you don't have to suffer with the dust for too long!

Anonymous said...

I completely know the feeling of dust everywhere. When we redid Dave's house it was covered in dust. I sneezed for months. Its definitely worth the renovation though. You're going to love a new kitchen!! Can't wait to see pictures!!
~Suzanne