Lilypie

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

2 Years and Counting

Frank and I celebrated our 2nd anniversary yesterday, and this makes 6 years we've been together...and more importantly, we haven't killed each other yet! We've come close a few times, but no funeral yet.

The second year has been much better than the first. Not that the first was horrible, but it was definitely an adjustment to learn to live with each other after we were both used to having our own place. This year has been full of surprises and lots of fun. It has been neat to watch Frank and I transform into the "husband" and "wife" rolls. We are learning more and more each day and I love being married to him. Now if I could just remind myself of that statement when he comes in the house with dirty boots on after I just got finished sweeping the floors. And for anyone who has hardwood floors in their entire house, you know what I'm talking about. So I guess we're not perfect yet, but we sure do have a lot of fun.

The thing I love most about Frank is even when I am livid, he still makes me laugh. Which aggravates me even more sometimes, but that's just us. He can be so mad at me and I'll start picking on him and he can't help but to bust out laughing. We pick on each other non-stop, and I think that's what makes us work. Laughter. That's our key to avoiding a funeral.

And now that we will soon be parents...I can't wait to see how we do as Mom and Dad. I'm sure laughter will be our key to making that work to.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your anniversary! Seems like just last month I was in town for the Zeta Phi Anniv Luncheon and heard you talking about your upcoming wedding. How time flies! I wish you all of the best in your third year of marriage and your first in parenthood!

rita and andy said...

I look foward to the days ahead of seeing you guys as parents!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy 2nd Anniversary! Hope you are feeling well these days. I can't wait to see you soon!
Suzanne

amjackson said...

Happy Second Anniversary. Seems like just yesterday I was worried about fitting into your bridesmaid dresses! :) Can't wait to see you both grow as parents as well. I know you 2 are doing to be wonderful!! And sorry I didn't send you a card or email on your anniversary, if it's any consolation, it IS on my calendar but I have "pregnancy brain" and so I am not responsible for remembering anything these days!!!