Lilypie

Monday, December 15, 2008

Dear Tyler,

It's late at night, and I just checked on you. You were sleeping so soundly in your crib. All curled up with your little butt sticking up in the air. You're so sweet and innocent. And you are just growing up too fast! Tonight as I watched you sleep, I realized how big you've gotten so quickly. I wanted to just scream, "STOP! STOP the clock. Time is passing too quickly!" And then I just wanted to grab you and hold you tightly and rock you, because I know one day you will claim to be too big to rock. And I wanted to squeeze you and kiss you and take all your sugars, because I know one day you will be to embarrassed to kiss your mommy. And then I wanted to get on the floor and roll around and play all night, because I know one day you won't want to play with toys. And most of all, I just wanted to spend time with you. To tell you how much I love you and I how lucky I am to be your mommy. And how you are more than I ever could have imagined, dreamed, or hoped for. You are my sweet, sweet little boy. A little boy that can light up a room with his smile, and who has a giggle that's contagious. I wanted to tell you all of this because I know one day you will be too busy to sit down with mommy, and hearing this would make you blush. I wanted to do all of this at once because I am scared to miss a moment with you. You get bigger and bigger with every passing day and I love ever minute with you. I love you more than words could ever describe! And I am so blessed to have you! I pray that you will always be as sweet and as loving as you are right now. And that you'll be my little boy.

Love,
Mommy

2 comments:

rita and andy said...

So sweet! I can totally relate to everything you wrote! He is precious!

Catherine said...

Everything you said is absolutely true. Sad, but true. Time passes so quickly that we must cherish every moment with every ounce of our being.