Lilypie

Monday, December 1, 2008

Belly Flop!

Tyler has had another first....he fell off the bed! Actually, he crawled straight off the bed and did a full belly flop onto the hardwood floors! It SCARED ME TO DEATH!!! It was so loud! And it scared him to death to. He cried, I mean the "Mommy I think someone is trying to kill me" cry, or more like screaming at the top of my lungs type cry...for 15 minutes straight! Then he threw up and got sleepy. Now let me say, he just had a bottle, and he always spits up and then takes a nap after the bottle, so I don't really think that had anything to do with the fall, but still. I was thinking, ohmygosh!! He's got a concussion! I watched him for over an hour and he was fine. So I think it scared me more than anything, and my heart just broke into a million pieces when he cried. I know I will have this feeling a million more times as he grows up and I am not looking forward to it at all.

Now for the disclaimer (since my husband has already asked how I "let" him fall off the bed.) I put him in the center of our king size bed every morning so he can have his bottle while I get ready less than 2 feet away from him. I also surround him with pillows...tall pillows. So it wasn't that he just crawled off the end of the bed. He had to crawl up and over 2 big fluffy pillows (stacked on top of each other) and then go off the side of the bed. So it was not an easy task for a 7 month old. And, let me also mention, he only army crawls. So we are not even talking a full "stand on all fours" crawl. I think he's going to be athletic because that took some skill. So no Frank. I did not 'let' him crawl off the bed. Tyler saw the pillows as a challenge that he was determined to overcome. And our smart, athletic little boy accomplished his goal...but quickly realized that mommy put those pillows there for a reason.

Oh the joys, and tears of motherhood.

2 comments:

Megan Miles Alba said...

Awwww! I'm sure he'll be fine. Just think of all the things you and I did when we were little! Girl, you're gonna have your work cut out for you when he turns 12!!!!

amjackson said...

Do I need to notify DSS and come and bring that baby home with me??
:)
Price rolled off the changing table (the rather high changing table with large knobs) while I was in the room watching.(I cried more then he did!) He hit several knobs on his way down and he is just fine!! WAIT!! Maybe that is what's wrong with him.......
Oh well, I'll be more careful with Owen!