Lilypie

Monday, March 10, 2008

Wildcat

Wildcat is my new nickname according to Frank. Apparently my claws can come out at a moments notice. So I thought naming this post Wildcat would make him feel special.

I had my 32 week checkup last week. I can't believe my due date is so near! I am beginning to feel pretty miserable and feel very uncomfortable. My doctor's eyes got huge when she measured me this week and immediately started asking a ton of questions. Apparently, my 'growth' has not slowed down at all and according to the doctor, "I've got a big one growing in me." But she said not to worry too much b/c it's all baby since I've only gained 10 lbs so far. (No I am not bragging...we all know I wasn't tiny to begin with.) So she is scheduling another ultrasound to make sure nothing is wrong, and to see if they might have miscalculated my due date. My Mom went with me to this appt. and I was so glad. The doctor asked her a lot of questions b/c child birth is hereditary, which I was not aware of.

I'm moving a lot slower now! I have to constantly take breaks if I'm cleaning the house because my legs start to swell. And I get the feeling that something is about to 'fall out'. That's the only way I know to explain it. (Sorry for the details.) But my sweet, sweet Momma and Madison came and stayed Friday night with me. Maddy had a field trip in town, so after it got over, she and momma just went to my house Friday while I was still working. When I got home, my entire house had been cleaned and ALL the clothes had been washed and folded!!!! Madison even scrubbed my bathrooms! And she insisted on buying the cleaning supplies with her own money! My bathrooms are so clean. Frank had the biggest smile on his face when he saw how clean our house was. He asked momma if she wanted to come and stay every weekend with us! She has no idea how much it helped me out. My house has been driving me crazy, but physically, it has been impossible to get everything clean.

So now, I am slowly getting the nursery complete and ready for my little man. And I am taking it easy from here on out.

5 comments:

amyop said...

Momma's are the best! And Little Tyler will have the best one yet!

rita and andy said...

Isn't it great to have such a loving mom! I am sure she enjoyed helping you as much if not more than you appreciated the help! That's what wonderful Mom's do. :-)

Anonymous said...

Your mom is the sweetest and the absolute best! You are going to be just as thoughtful and caring as she is when your little guy arrives! I miss you!

Anonymous said...

Wildcat strikes again!!

amjackson said...

How sweet! Tell your mom & Madison they really need to come visit me in Columbia!! :)