Lilypie

Thursday, March 27, 2008

Packing Bags

Here's another cute Frank story :-)

The other day after my check up, Frank and I were in the back yard enjoying the warm weather and talking about everything we needed to get done before the baby gets here. I told Frank that I needed to go ahead and start putting together my overnight bag in case I do go into labor early. And Frank said, "That's a good idea. Will you pack my bag to so I don't have to." And I looked at him with a confused look on my face and asked him why I needed to pack a bag for him. As sweet as anything, he says, "Well I am going to need clothes and stuff to stay at the hospital too." And I said, Frank, we aren't exactly checking into the Hilton. I'll pack your toothbrush and some basics, but if you need to take a shower or something, you can just run home. And he says, "Oh. Well I didn't think about that. I thought I would need to stay with you the whole time." So if anyone wants to visit us after the birth, you can fund us at the Hilton Resort :-)

It was both the cutest and funniest thing I've heard. He is so excited about this baby. But he is starting to get very nervous....not about the baby....about the delivery. He keeps checking to make sure that my Mom is also going in with us. When we talk about the delivery he says, "I'm getting a chair and setting by your head and I'm not moving or looking at anything. And when the baby gets here, I would prefer if they went ahead and cleaned him and wrapped him in a blanket before they give him to me." He's so funny about everything! It cracks me up.

Laughter pretty much gets us through everything. Our wedding....our arguments....and most likely the delivery. I feel like I should video tape Frank during the delivery and sell copies of it!

3 comments:

Amber and Matt said...

Aw, that was sweet of him to want to stay with you. Sometimes men are clueless, though.

Matt said he isn't going to be in the delivery room (whenever I get pregnant and go into labor) but I told him he'll be there even if he is lying in the bed next to me! Since our families live in another region, it isn't like they can just hop on a plane and be there in a moment's notice.

I love your stories! Keep 'em coming!

Amanda said...

Ya'll are too cute together. I can't wait to hear how Frank does during delivery! Ty actually did a lot better than expected. So, Frank may surprise you. :O)

amjackson said...

Hey, I'll purchase a copy of that tape. I bet he is gonna be hilarious. Josh was so nervous he didn't speak hardly the entire 18.5 hours I was in labor!! Hopefully Tyler will get here in much less time then that! :)