Lilypie

Monday, February 25, 2008

Great Weekend!

This weekend was really good and productive. I had my living room just about cleaned out on Friday, when Frank began bringing everything from the 'soon-to-be-nursery' into the living room so he could take down wall paper. For the past 2 years we have used this room as our junk room so you can imagine what was in there. And once again, my living room was covered with boxes and piles of stuff to go through. It was emotionally draining just watching him bring everything in and pile it on the floor. Just as I was beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel....

So on Saturday morning I started cleaning again. Then Mom came up around lunch time so I could take her to the furniture store and get her opinion on a crib. And she loved it, so I bought a crib and a dresser (and I got an AMAZING deal on the dresser.) Then we went to lunch and went back to my house. Momma felt sorry for me when she saw my living room. It's starting to get difficult to clean for a long period of time. My body starts to hurt from all the bending and standing up on hard wood floors. So Momma said, "I'll help you go through a couple of boxes before I leave." Needless to say my momma was amazing. We had the ENTIRE living room cleaned and all the boxes gone through within 2 hours. I could not have done it without her!!!

And Frank got all the wallpaper taken down. It took 2 days of non-stop work but he did it! I would never tell him this...but I would have never had the patience to do that. But he slaved away and did an amazing job. So now the nursery is ready to be painted...and no I have not picked out a color yet. It's on my extremely long to-do list. But I will get it done. Maybe I need to call momma back up here to help me with that list :-)

3 comments:

amjackson said...

If you need help I'll gladly make a trip to Flotown. You just gotta cook me dinner! :)

Ashley W. said...

I am glad you got mst everything done, it will all come together. Isn't great having mothers that love to help, min eis the same way, I do not know what I would do without her.

rita and andy said...

I can't wait to see the crib! I know you have been looking for a long time.