Lilypie

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Happy Birthday My Big Boy!

I can not believe my sweet little boy is ONE!!!! Where did the last year go to? I've got mixed emotions right now. Part of me is so excited because Tyler is learning so much and it's so much fun to watch him grow. The other part of me wants to scream, "STOP! SLOW DOWN! You are growing too fast!" It seems like yesterday I was bringing home my sweet bundle of joy. And now I have this little unique little boy who thinks he's a big kid!

You just amaze me right now. You are only one, but you think you can hang with the big boys! HA! You are definitely a boy on the move. You don't sit still very long at all. You love exploring. And you do not take "no" very easily. You can already throw temper tantrums! If Daddy or I take something away or tell you no, you will throw yourself on the ground and start crying. We are trying to ignore this in hopes that this will be a habit you will break. You are very strong willed and when you have your mind set on something, nothing will get in your way...I don't know who you get this from :-) You are an independant child for sure. You love doors. Your favorite thing to do is open and close doors. And you can't stand for a door to be open. I purposely leave the pantry doors open in the kitchen just so I can watch you race to them and shut them. I think this is going to be your pet peeve when you grow up.

You LOVE to laugh and smile. You are such a happy baby. You love to feed yourself...although mommy has to hose you down when you get done. I'll say you get that after your daddy :-) One thing is for sure, mommy and daddy sure do love you. You have no idea how much we love you.

I could just eat this face up! That smile is priceless!


Yummy! My birthday cake taste so good!

Happy Birthday to Me!


3 comments:

amyop said...

We all had a great time! I can't believe he is one as well! Time is a flyin!

rita and andy said...

what a cute little man you have. we had a great time at the party. i love seeing where caroline when be in just a few sort months... times does go by so fast!

Amanda said...

Hey! Tyler is adorable and his smile is contagious!! I'm glad he had a great and happy birthday. I can't believe he is already ONE! I miss ya'll! I'm planning a trip up next week! Maybe we can grab lunch?!?