Lilypie

Friday, September 21, 2007

The Shock of a Lifetime!

Most of you know that Frank and I weren't expecting a little bundle of joy any time soon. Or I should say, I wasn't really planning on it but Frank has been hoping and praying since the day we said "I DO". I was thinking more along the lines of maybe trying next year....the end of next year to be exact. But some of the greatest blessings in the world are also the biggest surprises of our lives. You see...this is how we found out.

I went to the doctor for a small kidney infection and he was writing a perscription when he casually asked, "You're not pregnant are you?" and I said, "I'm 99% sure I am not pregnant." When I asked him why he was asking he said the medication he was perscribing has been know to cause birth defects. I left his office and went to CVS and never gave it much thought until I was walking out the store and thought....hmmmm, I better double check since it causes birth defects. So I went back inside and bought the cheapest test I could find.

I then swung by my house on the way back to work, because again, I was 99% sure I wasn't pregnant. Well let's just say it only took .5 seconds for that pink line to show up. I was in complete shock. I immediately called my doctors office b/c I was positive it was the kidney infection that caused the positive test. I went back to work and waited. I knew it wasn't a good sign when the doctor himself called back to congratulate me on my good news.

So after it all sunk in, I am very excited. Frank was bouncing off the walls from the first minute I told him. I on the other hand kept thinking, "Oh my gosh...I am going to be responsible for another life." But the more I thought and prayed about it, I realized that although this baby is a surprise, it's also the biggest blessing God has ever given me.

6 comments:

Tara Jane said...

So you got suckered in, too!!!!! This way, we can all keep up with each other while I'm gone. :( We definitely need to hang out again before I leave...I enjoyed the other night!

amyop said...

I am so excited you decided to do a blog! You will love keeping this up and it is so great to be able to look back at old posts while you little one grows! It will bring happy tears to your eyes! I find myself doing it all the time:) Congrats again we JV and I can't wait! Love you!

amjackson said...

Awwee, Ang! I love you! I am so glad you decided to become a blogger so I can keep up with you better. And now I can keep up with Baby Branton, too!!

Hope said...

YEA!!!!!!! I'm so very excited for you Angie! It is the VERY best thing ever!

Amber and Matt said...

This will be such an exciting time for you! I'm so glad you have a blog now. I'll be sure to check back often for updates.

Paige said...

Congratulations Angie, I am soooo excited for you and Frank. What amazing parents you 2 will make. I can't wait to meet this little bundle of joy!!